India – Zimbabwe Day
India – Zimbabwe Day
The Festival spread over ten days from 6th to 16th September attempts to cover this vast Indian cultural palette through a medley of events. For those who cannot make it to the many events, an India – Day is planned to capture the spirit of India and India-Zimbabwe relationship through a variety of programmes, activities and displays, and some acts performed in collaboration with local artists.
- Event Info:
- 16 September 2018
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Zimbabwe Agricultural Show Grounds
- Free Entry
- A. Start the day with Yoga and Meditation
- B. Followed by learning some scintillating moves on Bollywood songs
- C. Enjoy some great Indian and Zimbabwean cuisine at various food stalls
- D. Paint your hands with ethnic and traditional Henna at the Henna Art stalls
- E. Splurge at the merchandise area on Indian & Zimbabwean goodies
- F. An enthralling performance - the Bollywood Extravaganza
- G. Get ready to tap your feet with some local Zimbabwean beats and dance
- H. Get transported to a magical journey with the musical geniuses of rock fusion, none other than Indian Ocean
Artists Mbira dzeNharira: Formed by Tendai Gahamadze in 1987 in Norton, Mbira dzeNharira celebrates ancient spiritual music played mainly at the traditional ceremonies. The group draws mainly from and promotes Shona culture and traditions through its musical repertoire.
Zimbabwe College of Music & Traditional Dance: Zimbabwe College of Music ensemble specialising in traditional African music is an energetic group of performers which engages the audience with hand clapping, foot stamping and singalong throughout its performance.
Music Crossroads: Jesa & Music Crossroads Diva Music Crossroads Academy engages the young by promoting music education, community activities and sensitisation of local youth to social issues through music. Academy meets its goals through its two groups Jesa and Music Crossroads Divas:
Jesa A six-member Afro-fusion band that blends rhythms, melodies, harmonies and tunes rooted in African soil.
Music Crossroads Divas With the belief “Women will always be the best medium to tell women’s stories, so hear our voices now!”, the Music Crossroads Divas was founded by female students of the Music Crossroads Academy in 2017.